Truth on Trial
The truth is on trial in America. Truth is no longer absolute. Jesus said, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:38 We live in an hour just like in the book of Judges where many do what is right in their own eyes. Judges 17:6That is not what the bible teaches, there are absolutes that we can live by. Many American’s are suffering from an array of social ills today, alcoholism, drug addiction, pornography addiction, corporate greed, just to name a few. Much of this is due to people rejecting the truth and feeling like they can manage this life without truth.
Truth made America Great
We have forgotten about the things that molded us as a nation, things of importance like prayer, bible reading, church attendance, respect and love for our neighbors, honesty, and integrity. When America focused and embraced the truth of God’s Word we flourished as a nation. When we taught righteousness and godliness our streets, schools, & workplaces were for the most part safer. We live in a day when many people just don’t care anymore. A reporter asked a passerby what the two biggest problems facing America were to which the passerby replied, “I don’t know and I don’t care.” This is the attitude of many American’s today.
Truth will set you Free
How you deal with truth is of utmost importance. When the truth is suppressed people will suffer, but when it is revealed it sets men free! Think of those nations that keep the truth from their people, it keeps the people suppressed and bound to their conditions. We live in an hour where people want to have their ears tickled with things that make them feel good and positive. II Timothy 4:3-4 The truth is the truth doesn’t always make us feel all warm and fuzzy, sometimes the truth hurts. We don’t mind hearing the truth from our doctors, or from our dentists, or even from our physical trainers, but God forbid the preacher tells us the truth!
The Truth of the Matter
The truth is on trial today and you are the jury that must deliberate and make a judgment.
- Many want to hear that you can live like the devil and still go to heaven. Matthew 6:24
- People want to hear that you can commit fornication and still go to heaven. I Corinthians 6:9
- Folks are taught that as long as you believe in a higher power it’s good enough. John 14:6
- People want to be told that it doesn’t matter how you dress, is this true? I Timothy 2:9
- They want to believe that you can hold a grudge, be a racist, & hate people not like yourself and God is okay with it. Mark 12:31
- Many professing Christians think it’s okay to enjoy and indulge in filthy entertainment. Is this true? Romans 1:29-32
- Folks are told that they must give 10% of their earnings to the church, if not they are robbing God. Is this true? II Corinthians 9:6-8
- Some married men and women don’t have a problem with committing adultery in their hearts. They don’t believe this displeases Jesus. Matthew 5:27,28
Truth will Last
Many people are taught too much of God is legalism, is this true? How can a person have too much of God? I will be the first to admit that many church people today have added non-biblical teachings that are legalistic. Truth is in spite of these spiritual bullies, with their extra-biblical beliefs, you can never have too much of God! The truth is on trial in America today so let’s go to the bible and build our beliefs on the Word of God.